Stablex’s communications with stakeholders is ongoing. In addition to two committees set up to ensure proper activity monitoring, Stablex uses various means to regularly join governing bodies, such as the City of Blainville and the Ministry of the Environment and the Fight against Climate Change (MELCC), but also its industrial neighbours and residents of nearby neighbourhoods. Several communications have been transmitted over the years, providing first-hand information on its activities. Since the summer of 2018, a newsletter has been sent periodically to subscribers.
- Newsletter - November 2019
- Newsletter - October 2019
- Newsletter - August 2019
- Newsletter - August 2018
- Newsletter - December 2016 - Vol. 2, No. 2
- Newsletter - May 2016 - Vol. 2, No.1
- Newsletter - November 2015- Vol.1, No.1
- Information brochure distributed to Plan-Bouchard residents and our industrial neighbours: Pour une cohabitation harmonieuse (2015)
- Letter sent to Plan-Bouchard residents: Bonne cohabitation : le point sur notre plan d’action/odeurs perçues (December 2014)
- Letter sent to Plan-Bouchard residents: Bonne cohabitation : le point sur notre plan d’élimination des odeurs perçues (August 2014)
- Letter sent to Plan-Bouchard residents: Bonne cohabitation : le point sur notre plan d'action (July 2014)
- Letter sent to Plan-Bouchard residents: Bonne cohabitation : Stablex toujours en mode « solution » (June 2014)
- Letter sent to Plan-Bouchard residents: Période hivernale 2012-2013 : un bilan encourageant (June 2013)
- Information brochure: Pour une cohabitation harmonieuse (2013)
Furthermore, Stablex is always eager to organize meetings and visits of its site when appropriate. For example, open houses held in the fall of 2015 and 2016 have welcomed visitors from all parts of the community.
The company always aims for open and transparent exchanges through well-established lines of communication
In 1991, we created a Follow-up Committee, as required by government regulation. The committee meets five times a year to examine the company’s activities and includes representatives from the City of Blainville, the Blainville Fire Department, Quebec’s Ministry of Environment and the Fight Against Climate Change (MELCC), the Laurentian Public Health Department, Stablex and community members.
The Follow-up Committee’s primary role is to ensure Stablex’s activities comply with requirements set forth by the MELCC and other competent authorities. It also verifies that organizations represented at the table follow through on their commitments and ensures that all issues are properly understood. When necessary, the committee makes recommendations to the right decision makers.
Here’s the official breakdown of the committee:
- City of Blainville: One city councillor and one representative from the Environment Division
- Blainville Fire Department: One representative
- MELCC: One representative (the Ministry has left this position vacant since 2012)
- Laurentian Public Health Department: One representative
- Stablex: Operations Manager; Health, Safety and Environment Manager; and a health, safety and environment specialist
- Community: At least three community members
Good Neighborly Relations Committee
Stablex voluntarily set up a Good Neighborly Relations Committee in 2009. Made up of local residents and company managers, the committee meets on a regular basis. Its mandate is to act as liaison between Stablex and the community where it operates.
The committee monitors the company’s activities and keeps track of our community involvement. At the meetings, we discuss how potential nuisances can be eliminated and how we can address any issues that come up.
The Good Neighborly Relations Committee includes eight residents of the Plan-Bouchard and the Boisés du parc équestre neighborhoods, which are adjacent to our plant and site.
Minutes are taken at each committee meeting to ensure transparency and make it easier to follow up from one meeting to the next. A report outlining the Good Neighbourly Relations Committee’s activities is updated each year and published online.